the (re)public house | Brewed according to the Rheinheitsgebot Purity Law of 1516.



Seriously?


e-mail this post



remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



We all heard the tragic news of the mall shooting in Omaha. This was national news everywhere.
So, I was pretty surprised when I picked up the Topeka Capital-Journal this morning at my hotel and discovered what the editors picked as their headline story on the front page. Ready for it? Here's the breaking news:

"Mayor Indicates He'll Veto Police Helicopter"

Yep, that's the #1 story of today: the Topeka mayor vetoed a new police helicopter. What of the mall shooting? 3rd page. Curious as to the second page story? Well, evidently, a Hollywood Theatre in Topeka is scheduled to transition from film to digital early next year.

I'm not kidding.

Now, I really don't know if the mall shooting made headline news in any of the papers - I haven't seen another physical newspaper today. However, I doubt that the story was buried behind decisions of purchasing a police helicopter and a local theater scheduled to go digital next year.

Crazy.



Matthew Moore's Facebook Profile

twitter.

comments.

currently reading.





matthew.

photo.

local favorites.

friends.

site nav.

old conversations.








BASRB