the (re)public house | Brewed according to the Rheinheitsgebot Purity Law of 1516.



Internet pet peeve.


e-mail this post



remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



image2.php

I really dislike all of these word verification security checks. I almost always am 100% sure of what the "word" is that I am supposed to repeat; however, about 15 - 25% of the time I am wrong. In reality, it is probably not that bad, but the annoyance factor of those times where I have copied it incorrectly probably accentuates and mentally skews this proportion. Usually there are numbers and more vertical lines imposed within the image, but the above is a good example of what I often run into. So, even if I can read it pretty easily, I have to stop and really look: "is that V-M-M or is there something tricky going on in there?" Anyway, it slows me down, which is just annoying by itself, and it makes me feel like I am in some sort of kindergarten for special ed kids. Surely there is a better solution.



Matthew Moore's Facebook Profile

twitter.

comments.

currently reading.





matthew.

photo.

local favorites.

friends.

site nav.

old conversations.








BASRB