the (re)public house | Brewed according to the Rheinheitsgebot Purity Law of 1516.



Dwight Howard: Superman.


e-mail this post



remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Since childhood, I've always loved and looked forward to the NBA All-Star Weekend. By far, it's the best All-Star event in American sports...basically, the opposite of what the NFL rolls out (which you probably didn't watch 30 seconds of the other week). I love the game itself, of course, but I also highly enjoy the Rookie / Sophomore game...and this year I even watched the celebrity game. This, though, was because of the participation of Deion and T.O. T.O. is greatness. Basically (yes, I understand this is a random aside), he's one of those guys that I know I probably shouldn't like or root for, but I do. I love me some T.O. Anyway, my favorite event is the Slam Dunk Contest, which went through a bit of a fading period but has again been strong the last couple of years. This year, Dwight Howard put on a show that blew my mind. Most of the dunks everyone did were great - but they were adaptations of dunks people had done in the past - mostly, Wilkins, Jordon, or Carter. Howard, however, did things that have never been seen. His athleticism and power, as great as they are, were well matched by his creativity. If you haven't seen it yet, enjoy.




Matthew Moore's Facebook Profile

twitter.

comments.

currently reading.





matthew.

photo.

local favorites.

friends.

site nav.

old conversations.








BASRB